Tasty vegetarian, gluten free shepherds pie.
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large can of tomatoes
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 2 zucchini diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 can of red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 large onion peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and diced
- 2 red capsicums/peppers de seeded and diced
- 1 red chili diced
- gluten free breadcrumbs
Place sweet potato in saucepan and over with cold water. Bring water to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until soft.
Meanwhile fry onion, garlic and chili until browned. Add all other ingredients except the sweet potato. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and the sauce has thickened.
Put vegetable mixture in a deep oven dish and spread evenly. Mash sweet potato and layer over vegetables.
Grate cheese and combine with gluten free breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over sweet potato and bake for 20 minutes or until brown and crispy.
Vegetables listed can be substituted with vegetables of your choice.