Tasty gluten free rice bake.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder (make sure its gluten free, I use ‘Keens traditional curry powder’)
- 300g kumara, peeled and diced
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 x 400g can, chopped tomatoes
- 250g packet frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups of grated cheese
- pinch ground turmeric
- 2 cups gluten free breadcrumbs (buy from a health food store or make your own by toasting and grating gluten free bread)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
Preheat oven 200°C and grease a deep ovenproof dish.
Heat oil in a frying pan, add garlic and onion and cook until slightly browned. Mix curry powder with a little hot water, add to pan and cook a further 5 minutes adding water of necessary.
Add in kumara, capsicum and tomatoes, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove lid and stir through spinach. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
Meanwhile, cook rice in microwave, according to packet instructions. Place into a bowl and cool slightly before stirring egg and half of the grated cheese.
Place rice into oven dish and press down to compact. Layer vegetable mix over rice.
Mix together remaining cheese, turmeric, breadcrumbs, coriander, sprinkle over the top of vegetables and bake for 20 minutes or until the top is brown and crispy.
you are so cool