Tasty gluten free family favorite.
- 1 loaf of good gluten free bread cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and diced
- 2 onions peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup gluten free chicken stock
- 1 bunch celery diced
- 1 small can of water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
Pre heat the oven to 220 C. line the bread cubes up on a very lightly greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until crispy.
Meanwhile fry the onion and garlic in the butter until soft then add the celery and water chestnuts and fry for a few minutes. Add pepper and oregano. Remove from heat and add the baked bread cubes and stock.
Stuff the stuffing (hehee) into the chicken body cavitiy.
Chicken and Veg:
- 2 kg chicken, giblets removed.
- 50 grams of butter melted
- 675 grams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- green beans and carrots steamed to serve
Tuck neck and wings under bird and tie legs together with un-waxed string.
Mix melted butter and oil with paprika and brush over chicken (keeping half aside for later). Place breast down on a greased roasting rack and bake on 220 C for 35 minutes.
Meanwhile place your potatoes in a large tray and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and let simmer for 10 minutes then drain.
After 35 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven, turn and add the potatoes. Brush potatoes and chicken with the butter mixture again and put back in the oven to cook for a further 35 minutes.
To check if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thigh, if the juices that come out are clear then the chicken is done.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes before carving and serving with steamed vegetables.