Anyone fancy an Oreo? These are a pretty darn good substitute!
- 3/4 of a cup of rice flour
- 3/4 of a cup of tapioca flour
- 3/4 of a cup of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 2/3 of a cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 of a cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoons of milk
Pre heat your oven to 180C
Use and electric mixer to mix the margarine and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Then add the rice flour, tapioca flour, corn flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and add milk to form a stiff sticky dough.
Divide the dough in two and roll and compress into two baguette style rolls. Wrap in cling film or aluminum foil and refrigerate for twenty minutes.
Slice the rolls length ways to create the cookie shapes. Place on an un-greased baking tray lined with grease proof paper and bake on 180 C for 10 minutes.
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons of margarine or copha
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
Combine all filling ingredients until it forms a smooth paste. Add water slowly to get the correct consistency.
layer filling between two cookies and enjoy 🙂